Penetration Testing Certification Exam
Exam Cost: USD 30.00
Benefits of LoopSkill Certification
You will become Internationally Certified Pen Testing Professional.
Backed by 5000+ Companies this Certification will provide you Great Job Opportunities.
Worldwide Average salary of a Pen Testing Professional is around $60,000 per annum.
Exam Cost: USD 30.00
What Is Pen Testing?
A penetration test, also known as a pen test or ethical hacking, is a legally sanctioned simulated cyberattack on a computer system that is used to analyze the system's security. This is not to be confused with a vulnerability assessment. The test is carried out to discover vulnerabilities, such as the possibility of unauthorized parties gaining access to the system's features and data, as well as strengths, allowing a comprehensive risk assessment to be carried out.
The process usually begins with the identification of target systems and a specific goal, followed by an assessment of available data and the implementation of various methods to achieve that goal. A white box or a black box can be used as a penetration test target. A gray box penetration test combines the two methods. A penetration test can assist detect a system's attack weaknesses and evaluate its level of vulnerability.
The system owner should be notified of any security problems discovered during the penetration test. Penetration test reports may also examine the organization's possible risks and provide countermeasures to mitigate the risk. Penetration testing, as defined by the UK National Cyber Security Center, is "a way for gaining assurance in the security of an IT system by attempting to penetrate some or all of that system's security using the same tools and tactics as an adversary would."
The fundamental purpose of a penetration test is to uncover vulnerabilities that could be exploited by a malicious actor and to tell the client of such vulnerabilities as well as recommended mitigation techniques, based on the type of allowed activity for any given engagement. Penetration testing are part of a comprehensive security examination. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, for example, mandates penetration testing on a regular basis and following system upgrades.
Penetration testing can be done using a variety of common frameworks and approaches. The Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM), the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES), NIST Special Publication 800-115, the Information System Security Assessment Framework (ISSAF), and the OWASP Testing Guide are just a few of them.
Salary Range of An Pen Testing Professional
Depending on the experience level and the demographic area, the salary of a Pen Testing Professional varies widely.
The following is the average Pen Testing Professional Salary in USA:
|Best Minds In Pen Testing||$100,000|
|Senior Pen Testing Professionals||$ 85,000|
|Intermediate Pen Testing Professionals||$ 65,000|
|Pen Testing Freshers||$ 50,000|
The following is the average Pen Testing Professional Salary in India:
|Best Minds In Pen Testing||INR 90,000|
|Senior Pen Testing Professionals||INR 60,000|
|Intermediate Pen Testing Professionals||INR 35,000|
|Pen Testing Freshers||INR 20,000|
What Is Pen Testing Certification?
Pen Testing Certification assesses a person's knowledge of the hacking as well as their understanding of digital concepts. A variety of certifying authorities, ranging from government agencies to commercial enterprises and organisations, offer the Pen Testing certification. Certifications are normally obtained by the completion of an online or offline exam.
All certificates have their own set of benefits, such as international recognition, career opportunities, freelancing, and so on. So, Pen Testing certification is an online exam that evaluates a Professional's skills and knowledge in order to match them with the suitable opportunities.
Why should you take this Online Pen Testing Certification?
The online Pen Testing certification from Loopskill will assist you in becoming a certified Professional. You can take this exam and by scoring 70% you will become an internationally certified Pen Testing Professional. This certification will help you in three different ways:
- You can demonstrate your Pen Testing certification to potential employers and can stand out of the crowd.
- You can apply for great jobs using loopskill website or app; moreover, our partners companies will contact you directly for full-time or part-time opportunities depending on your skills & requirements.
- Loopskill is not just a platform to get certified or to find full time jobs; here being a certified Professional you can also do freelancing for the clients around the globe. You will be approached by the clients who need your help in building some web based platform or some app based platform.
The loopskill’s online Pen Testing certification is created to help people in exploring and achieving their full potential so they can get connected to the best opportunities around the globe.
Advantages of Pen Testing
Identify your weak spots
Penetration testing looks for flaws in your system's or application's setup, as well as your network architecture. During penetration examinations, even your employees' activities and habits that potentially lead to data breaches and hostile infiltration are investigated. A report tells you about your security flaws so you can figure out what software and hardware upgrades you need to make, as well as what recommendations and policies will improve overall security.
Demonstrate genuine dangers
Penetration testers attempt to exploit vulnerabilities that have been identified. That is, you get a glimpse of what an attacker could do in the real world. They could gain access to critical information and run commands on the operating system. However, they may also warn you that a vulnerability with a high theoretical risk isn't all that dangerous due to the difficulties of exploiting it. That type of analysis can only be done by a specialist.
Put your cyber-defense skills to the test
You must be able to recognize attacks and respond appropriately and quickly. Once an intrusion has been detected, you should begin an investigation to identify the intruders and block them. Whether they're malicious or experts, they're putting your defense approach to the test. The test results will inform you if – and more importantly, what – actions you can take to improve your defense.
Ensure the continuation of the business
You require network availability, 24/7 communications, and access to resources to ensure that your business activities are always up and running. Every hiccup will have a detrimental influence on your company. Penetration tests uncover potential dangers and guarantee that your operations are not disrupted by unplanned downtime or a lack of accessibility. A penetration test is similar to a business continuity audit in this regard.
Obtain an expert assessment from a third party
Your management may be hesitant to react or act when an issue is identified by someone inside your organization. A report from a third-party expert has a greater impact on your management, and it may result in additional cash being allocated.
Regulations and certificates must be followed.
Penetration testing may be required by your industry and legal compliance needs. Consider the ISO 27001 standard or PCI standards, which mandate that all managers and system owners perform frequent penetration tests and security reviews with qualified testers. Because penetration testing focuses on real-world implications, this is the case.
Maintain your trustworthiness.
Customers, suppliers, and partners lose trust and loyalty as a result of a cyber attack or data leak. If, on the other hand, your organization is known for doing thorough and systematic security evaluations and penetration tests, you can rest assured that all of your stakeholders will be satisfied.
Important Topics to Learn & Master in Pen Testing
Introduction to Penetration Testing and Methodologies
- What is Penetration Testing?
- Types of Penetration Testing
- Penetration Testing Phases
- Penetration Testing Methodology
- Penetration Testing Strategies
- Ethics of Penetration Tester
Penetration Testing Scoping and Engagement Methodology
- Security Concerns
- Data security Measure
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Assessment Steps
- Security Policies
- Information Security Standards
- Information Security Acts
Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Methodology
- Overview of TCP/IP Model
- TCP/IP Protocol Stack
- Analysis of TCP/UDP Services
- Overview of IPv4 and IPv6
Pre-penetration Testing Steps
- Send a Preliminary Information Request Document to the Client
- Identify the Type of Testing: Black-box or White-box
- List the Servers, Workstations, Desktops and Network Devices that Require Testing
- Draft Contracts
- Identify Who Will be Leading the Penetration Testing Project
Information Gathering Methodology
- What is Information Gathering
- Find the Company’s URL and Geographical Location
- Search for Contact Information, Email Addresses, and Telephone Numbers about company and Employees
- Gather Company’s Infrastructure Details
- Gather Competitive Intelligence
- What is Vulnerability Assessment?
- Why Assessment?
- Vulnerability Classification
- Types of Vulnerability Assessment
- Vulnerability Management Life Cycle
- Comparing Approaches to Vulnerability Assessment
External Network Penetration Testing Methodology
- External Intrusion Test and Analysis
- Perform Information Gathering
- Create Topological Map of the Network
- Identify the Physical Location and OS of the Target Servers
- Checking for Live Systems
- Perform Port Scanning
- Perform OS Fingerprint
Internal Network Penetration Testing Methodology
- Why Internal Network Penetration Testing?
- Internal Network
- Perform Information Gathering
- Scan the Network
- Perform Enumeration
- Sniff the Network
- Attempt Replay, ARP Poisoning, Mac Flooding, DNS Poisoning Attacks
Firewall Penetration Testing Methodology
- What is a Firewall?
- What Does a Firewall Do?
- Types of Firewalls
- Firewall Policy
- Build a Firewall Ruleset
- Find the Information about Target
- Locate the Firewall
IDS Penetration Testing Methodology
- Introduction to Intrusion Detection System(IDS)
- Types of IDS
- Why IDS Penetration Testing?
- Common Techniques Used to Evade IDS System
- IDS Penetration Testing Steps
- Test the IDS by Packet Flooding
- Test the IDS for a Denial-of-Service(DoS) Attack
Web Application Penetration Testing Methodology
- Introduction to Web Application
- Web App Pen Testing Phases
- Perform Web Spidering
- Perform Service Discovery
- Examine Source of the Available Pages
- Test for Proxy Functionality
- Test for Database Connectivity
SQL Penetration Testing Methodology
- An Overview to SQL Injection
- Types of SQL Injection
- SQL Penetration Testing
- Manual SQL Injection Penetration Testing
- Automated SQL Injection System
- SQL Injection Penetration Methodology
Database Penetration Testing Methodology
- Sniffing Database-Related Traffic
- Retrieving the Database Information Through a Vulnerable Web Application
- Google Hacks
- Database Penetration Testing Steps
- Penetrating Oracle Database
- Scanning Default and Non-Default Ports
Wireless Network Penetration Testing Methodology
- Wireless Penetration Testing
- Wireless Security threats
- Wireless Penetration Testing Tools
- Wireless Penetration Testing Steps
- Introduction to RFID Security
Mobile Devices Penetration Testing Methodology
- Why Mobile Device Penetration Testing?
- Requirements for Mobile Device Penetration Testing
- Mobile Penetration Testing Methodology
- Communication Channel Penetration Testing
- Server-side Infrastructure Pen Testing
- Application Penetration Testing
Cloud Penetration Testing Methodology
- Cloud Computing Security and Concerns
- Security Risk Involved in Cloud Computing
- Scope of Cloud Pen Testing
- Steps to Conduct Cloud Pen Testing
Report Writing and Post Test Actions
- Goal of the Penetration Testing Report
- Examine Types of Pen Testing Reports
- Analyse and Finalize the Report
- Review and Finalise the Report
- Sample Pen Testing Report Format
Need Support or Some Doubt
If you have some doubt or need our support you can simply WhatsApp us at +91 9816685212. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org